November 2022 Performance Program Notes

Watch performance today LIVE on YouTube: https://youtu.be/oDzQr-gMFxo
A welcome song for today.
This piece was composed by Venetian composer Baldassare Galuppi (1706-1785)
It is in C major. It has 3 sections with ABA form. It lasts for about 4 minutes 30 seconds. 
I chose this piece as our introduction. It has simple and straightforward melody. I hope to give everyone a warm and calm welcome.๐Ÿ‘‹

The Italian word sonata has come to mean "piece of instrumental music," although its literal translation is "sounded" or "played." This is in contrast to another Italian musical term, cantata, which means "sung," or "musical piece that is sung." Andante means to perform at a walking speed.
 

11am-1pm at

MusArt Co-Create

159 Sin Ming Road, Amtech Buidling, #04-04 Lobby 1Singapore, Singapore 575625

 



The order of the performance today will be in alphabetical order.

Presto comes from Italian for “quickly.”
Moonbeams is a piece with right hand playing the melody while left hand playing the accompaniment.

A Prelude is a piece of music that traditionally leads into something else, common examples from the Baroque period being a fugue or a suite of dances.
Teasing song is based on Slovakian folk tunes. The folk melody is played 3 times. Can you spot it? ๐Ÿ˜‰



His Theme is the 90th song in the Undertale Soundtrack. It plays during the final part of the fight with Asriel Dreemurr, starting as soon as Asriel has a flashback of when he first found the First Human.
Skateboard Doodle has the same tune as the other song, do you know what is it? ๐Ÿ˜Š
Let's play red light green light,
1, 2, 3! ๋ฌด๊ถํ™” ๊ฝƒ์ด ํ”ผ์—ˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค




"Croatian Rhapsody", was included in Maksim's 2003 album, The Piano Player, and his 2008 album, Greatest Maksim.
It was composed by the Croatian musician and songwriter Tonฤi Huljiฤ‡ and is one of Maksim's greatest hits.



Lyrics for Five little speckled frogs
 
Five little speckled frogs
Sat on a speckled logEating the most delicious bugs, yum, yum
One jumped into the poolWhere it was nice and coolNow there are four green speckled frogs, glub, glub
 
Four little speckled frogsSat on a speckled logEating the most delicious bugs, yum, yum
One jumped into the poolWhere it was nice and coolNow there are three green speckled frogs, glub, glub
 
Three little speckled frogsSat on a speckled logEating the most delicious bugs, yum, yum
One jumped into the poolWhere it was nice and coolNow there are two green speckled frogs, glub, glub
 
Two little speckled frogsSat on a speckled logEating the most delicious bugs, yum, yum
One jumped into the poolWhere it was nice and coolNow there's only one speckled frog, glub, glub
 
One little speckled frogSat on a speckled logEating the most delicious bugs, yum, yum
He jumped into the poolWhere it was nice and coolNow there are no more speckled frogs





 Gavotta is a French dance.
Let's watch this grasshopper hopping everywhere. ๐ŸŒฑ
The Swing is inspired by the poem of that name from A Child's Garden of Verses by Robert Louis Stevenson. Here is the first verse of the poem:
How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!
Parson's farewell is a traditional English country dance for couples.


 
 
 

 
Lyrics for World's Smallest Violin
 
My grandpa fought in World War IIHe was such a noble dudeI can't even finish schoolMissed my mom, and left too soon
 
His dad was a firemanWho fought fires so violentI think I bored my therapistWhile playing him my violin
 
(Oh, my God) that's so insane(Oh, my God) that's such a shameNext to them, my shit don't feel so grandBut I can't help myself from feeling badI kinda feel like two things can be sad (one, two, three, four)
 
The world's smallest violinReally needs an audienceSo if I do not find somebody soon (that's right, that's right)I'll blow up into smithereensAnd spew my tiny symphonyJust let me play my violin for you, you, you, you
 
 
Lyrics for Faded
 
You were the shadow to my light
Did you feel us?
Another star
You fade away
Afraid our aim is out of sight
Wanna see us
Alight

Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Was it all in my fantasy?
Where are you now?
Were you only imaginary?

Where are you now?
Atlantis
Under the sea
Under the sea
Where are you now?
Another dream
The monster's running wild inside of me
I'm faded
I'm faded
So lost, I'm faded
I'm faded
So lost, I'm faded 


Lyrics for Something Just Like This
 

I've been reading books of old
The legends and the myths
Achilles and his gold
Hercules and his gifts
Spiderman's control
And Batman with his fists
And clearly I don't see myself upon that list

But she said, "Where'd you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
I'm not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Some superhero
Some fairytale bliss
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can kiss
I want something just like this"

Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Oh, I want something just like this
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo

Oh, I want something just like this
I want something just like this

 
 
Lyrics for Perfect

I found a love, for meDarling, just dive right in and follow my leadWell, I found a girl, beautiful and sweetOh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
 
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in loveNot knowing what it wasI will not give you up this timeBut darling, just kiss me slowYour heart is all I ownAnd in your eyes, you're holding mine
 
Baby, I'm dancing in the darkWith you between my armsBarefoot on the grassListening to our favourite songWhen you said you looked a messI whispered underneath my breathBut you heard itDarling, you look perfect tonight





Kiss the Rain was included in Yiruma's 2003 album, From The Yellow Room. It is one of Yiruma's greatest hits.



 
 
 

Sunrise is a slow piece that helps to prepare for a good morning.
Alson learned Squid Game theme song by his ear.













Richard Clayderman is a French pianist.
Ballade pour Adeline (
French for "Ballad for Adeline") was released in 1977 while Souvernirs D'enfance ("Souvenirs of infancy", "Childhood memories") was released in 1979.
Both were composed by Paul de Senneville.


Tanjiro no Uta, original sound track from Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba which is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Koyoharu Gotouge. It follows teenage Tanjiro Kamado, who strives to become a demon slayer after his family was slaughtered and his younger sister, Nezuko, turned into a demon.
Ariel arranged this song herself. She learned it without a score and play it by ear.

 

Lyrics translated in English

Close your eyes,
And remember that passing voice.
I can't return,
I can't go back.
There is only deep darkness.

I can't return, I can't go back.
There is only deep darkness.
You hear a gentle sound and it makes you cry
No matter how frustrating it is,
Move forward (move forward)
Keep going (keep going)
Cut off that despair.

Even if you lose, even if you fail,
You have no choice but to keep on living.
No matter how beaten you are,
There is something you have to protect.

source: https://www.animesonglyrics.com/kimetsu-no-yaiba/kamado-tanjirou-no-uta














This Korean Drama sets an enduring love story in 1987 Seoul; Youngro, a female university student, treats the bleeding Suho, a student attending a prestigious university, who one day jumps into a women's university dormitory despite the dangerous situation.
The first episode was on 18 December 2021.
I arranged this cover myself. I love how the music gets intense when it comes to the Chorus part. 

Lyrics for Wishes, Original sound track part 4

I'm not a person that believe
About the things that people talk
But the things you said, they made my world
I never doubted you were wrong, ooh-ooh
So take me to your deepest heart
Now I really need proof to go on
'Cause my life goes dark
When I know that I can never be your love
Oh-oh-oh-oh

Chorus

Wish we never talked
I wish we never saw
But now I know you're just too far
To catch you with my arms
I wish I never met you
I wish I never touched your hand
On the day I really thought you are
The only one that I could ever really love
Just tell me that I'm wrong
Or say anything at all
I don't care if it's true or false, no
Don't tell me your excuses
Was the love we had honest
Was it ever true?
I wish we never talked
I wish we never saw
But now I know you're just too far
To catch you with my arms
I wish I never met you
I wish I never touched your hand
The day I really thought you are
The only one that I could ever really love


I hear what you say has a style of keeping a steady beat on the left hand while speaking with right hand.
An etude is
an instrumental musical composition, usually short, designed to provide practice material for perfecting a particular musical skill.
Moonbeams is a piece with right hand playing the melody while left hand playing the accompaniment.









Lyrics for The Star-Spangled Banner
 
O say, can you seeBy the dawn's early lightWhat so proudly we hail'dAt the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright starsThrough the perilous fightO'er the ramparts we watch'dWere so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glareThe bombs bursting in airGave proof through the nightThat our flag was still there
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet waveO'er the land of the freeAnd the home of the brave?



Lyrics for He's Got the Whole World in His Hands

He’s got the whole world in his hands.
He’s got the whole wide world in his hands.
He’s got the whole world in his hands.
He’s got the whole world in his hands.

 

Lyrics for God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

God rest ye merry gentlemenLet nothing you dismayRemember Christ our SaviorWas born on Christmas DayTo save us all from Satan's pow'rWhen we were gone astrayOh tidings of comfort and joyComfort and joyOh tidings of comfort and joy

 

Lyrics for Battle Hymn of the Republic

Mine eyes have seen the glory
Of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage
Where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning
Of His terrible swift sword;
His truth is marching on.

Chorus
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
His truth is marching on.




Plauderei means Chat. In this piece, the two hands engage in an amicable conversation. The left hand imitates the right, as if in perfect agreement with it.
Jing Hen arranged his Perfect through playing by ear too.

Lyrics for Perfect

I found a love, for meDarling, just dive right in and follow my leadWell, I found a girl, beautiful and sweetOh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
 
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in loveNot knowing what it wasI will not give you up this timeBut darling, just kiss me slowYour heart is all I ownAnd in your eyes, you're holding mine
 
Baby, I'm dancing in the darkWith you between my armsBarefoot on the grassListening to our favourite songWhen you said you looked a messI whispered underneath my breathBut you heard itDarling, you look perfect tonight
 
Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I knowShe shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her homeI found a lover, to carry more than just my secretsTo carry love, to carry children of our own
 
We are still kids, but we're so in loveFighting against all oddsI know we'll be alright this timeDarling, just hold my handBe my girl, I'll be your manI see my future in your eyes
 
Baby, I'm dancing in the darkWith you between my armsBarefoot on the grassListening to our favorite songWhen I saw you in that dress, looking so beautifulI don't deserve thisDarling, you look perfect tonight
 
Baby, I'm dancing in the darkWith you between my armsBarefoot on the grassListening to our favorite songI have faith in what I seeNow I know I have met an angel in personAnd she looks perfect
 
I don't deserve thisYou look perfect tonight






Allegretto means to perform at a fairly brisk speed.
Waltz, meaning "to roll or revolve" is a ballroom and folk dance, normally in triple, performed primarily in closed position.





Johannes Brahms was a German composer, pianist, and conductor of the mid-Romantic period. This intermezzo has a tender character and it's in a walking speed. 

Fun fact, I have known Brahms's Intermezzo op.118 no.2 for a long time but I did not understand it until I watched this Korean drama. The actor played this piece in his piano recital. He conveyed his mixed feelings that include love, apology, regret and notice.
It is a piece in ABA form. It lasts for about 5 minutes 30 seconds, 4 pages.
Descending melody runs through section A and gives a kind of sad but tender emotion. With the help of the left pedal, section B is in a quiet and peaceful chordal passage. Then there is this passage that presents the melody in between two hands and changes the rhythm of the left hand before returning to section A.

This piece is listed under op.118 while op.122 is his last composition.
Op. stands for opus. It is used for musical works, generally catalogued in order of publication.

Korean drama 'Do you like Brahms?' ๋ธŒ๋žŒ์Šค๋ฅผ ์ข‹์•„ํ•˜์„ธ์š”?

 



 

The End

Welcome to check out Ms Teong's music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@msteongmusic

This is my other YouTube channel featuring all my students: https://www.youtube.com/@utterlymusic

No comments:

Post a Comment